Monday 4 March 2013

The Ming Room at BSC

Chinese New Year is over. (everyone knew it =P) But i insist to blog about my CNY. heheheheh. I believe everyone know 捞lou shang/yu sang right? It usually served as the appetizer due to its symbolism of "good luck" for the new year.
Somehow I love to eat yu sang XD perhaps i like peanut and sesame ^^ One of the most delicious yu sang i ever had was in The Ming Room. Chor 6, celebrated my bf's uncle's birthday at The Ming Room BSC. It was a surprise bday dinner. hahahaha. His son flied all the way bac from UK secretly. so sweet ya!! We hav around 50ppls attended to this bday dinner and also it was my first time visit to this restaurant.

 YU SANG 
Of coz, yu sang always the first dish to serve. hehehehe. i was so excited and cant wait for it. This yu sang served with deep fried soft shell crab instead of raw salmon. A word to describe it - yummy!!After Lou yu sang, some main courses served one by one . I can only tell u guys tat the quality of THE food at The Ming Room is 4/5 =D =D especially the Fo Tiao Qiang, prawn, fish and the abalone with tofu dishes. oppprsssy edi mentioned almost 70% of the food..hehehehehehe =P

Fo Tiao Qiang
Preparing Fo Tiao Qiang is difficult and time-consuming, for it brings together more than 10 ingredients. The Ming Room's chef did a good job!! Simply irresistible!


The Prawn Dish served in 3 different flavors
The presentation of the prawn dish is quite impressive and creative. Each tray represents different flavor, with the prawn served readily on a spoon. Thai style prawn - sourish yet appetizing. Prawn with Wasabi mayo - salad-liked prawn coz it served with rock melon. I think it is special and I like it so much. Salty deep fried prawn - prawn in salty sauce, personally feel it taste weird, nothing special but just salty.

Abalone with grilled tofu
For this dish, i like the tofu more than the abalone =P. Crispy outer crust of the tofu has elevates the dish. Meanwhile, the abalone is tender and could be cut easily with fork and knife. A good taste of abalone is very much depends on the gravy and the cooking skill, and I believe The Ming Room is surely capable of handling this dish.

Steamed Giant Grouper with soy sauce
Giant Grouper is considered as treasure due to the high demand and tight supply, its price tend to be higher than other fishes. The special thing about Giant Grouper is, it has thicker skin compare to others fish. And guess what?  I like to eat fish skin. hahahahaha. The fish is cooked perfectly by the chef, neither overcook nor undercook. The fish remains its freshness and tenderness. YUM =D

Roasted Suckling Pig with sticky rice
I can't comment much about this dish coz I don't like pork. So i didn't even try a bite on it. Basically, they are roasted on a spit at high temperature with some spices. I'm not quite sure about that. But, I think it tastes good coz everyone enjoyed and finished the dish except me.

Hasma dessert 
As tradition, it will always be a dessert a k a 糖水 at the end of the dinner. The dessert of that night was Hasma dessert. Nothing much to describe about it really. It served with several of ingredients as u can see in the pictures. 


Of course, there must be a cake in every birthday party! We have 2 cakes here! one is the chocolate Mille Crepe from Red Bean Bag and the other is the red velvet from a random aunty in PJ.=D =D I love the Mille Crepe so so so much!! I think I will start to visit to those cafe that serve Mille Crepe after this. =D


I enjoyed the night with my bf and his big family. Happy to meet those cousins. They are so friendly and fun. Hope to see them soon again. =D (maybe in the next family dinner party)




Address: Bangsar Shopping Centre 285, Jalan Maarof, 59000 Bangsar.
Contact:: 03- 2284 8822
Opening Hour: Mon-Sat 11am - 3pm, 6pm - 11pm Sun - CLOSE









 

No comments:

Post a Comment